Here is a list of camping
supplies for Pack 163. For more information, visit
www.camping-usa.com. In the column on the right,
click on The Camping Checklist.
Things to bring
- Each Adult & Child must have a Class 1 BSA medical form (www.ppbsa.org - in main menu-just for leaders-forms library-medical forms-Class 1 form) Saturday arrivers bring separately.
- A tent (you may want to seam seal before you go) extra stakes & rope
- Sleeping clothes that you do not eat, wash, brush teeth or anything else in
- A plastic tarp/sheet to put under the tent to help keep you dry.
- Flashlight and extra batteries make sure you have at least one bright, strong light with you
- Whistle for each person (these are for signaling distress only will be confiscated for misuse/abuse of privilege or other privileges will be suspended)
- Plenty of blankets to sleep on yes to sleep on, most of the cold you feel when sleeping out comes from the ground below you. (or a good sleeping pad)
- A sleeping bag & a blanket to go over the sleeping bag - if your sleeping bag is lightweight
- Plenty of changes of clothing & shoes sometimes it does rain on campouts. Not having dry clothes is a bummer. you will be walking a lot so have comfortable, hiking shoes
- Sweater, jacket, sweatshirt, hat & cap; extra socks wear doubled to prevent blisters
- Rain Gear & extra pair of sneakers or boots
- Soap, towels, toothbrush & toothpaste yes you have to wash and brush your teeth on a campout. Extra toilet paper
- Personal first aid kit-small size band-aids, antibiotic ointment, etc.
- Camp Chairs -- Footballs, or other things to safely toss/play around during free time
- Plastic bag for soiled clothes
- Insect Repellant non aerosol & SUNSCREEN there are ticks and mosquitoes present
- Toilet paper, there are no flush toilets, only latrines & portable toilets
- Fishing pole & tackle there may be some time to fish on Saturday during our free time NJ State fishing regulations are enforced. Age 16 & up requires state license
- Bring your Cub Scout Whittling Chip Card or an index card for this use
- CUB SCOUT HANDBOOK(S) FOR YOUR SON(S)
- Money for trading post
- Optional watch, camera, film, batteries, notebook, pencil, canteen, cards & similar games, reading material.
- LEAVE AT HOME Gameboys, electronic games, CD players, etc., do without for 1 weekend.
Things you cannot bring
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR MOST ITEMS
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs or smoking this is a smoke free zone
- No axes, chainsaws, power saws, no firearms, no sheath knives, etc.
- No fireworks No liquid fire starters
- No liquid fuel (stoves or lanterns) Coleman type is ok
- No knife bigger than a pocket knife must review knife safety in your scout handbook - if you dont have the scout whittling chip must be under constant parental supervision
- No candles or other flames of any type in tents
- Cologne or perfume mosquitoes, insects and other critters love this stuff
Medical Forms for Family Camp-o-ree
Getting that uniform in shape
Pack 163 Campfire Rules
Things To Pack